✨🚀We are Ignion! We're revolutionizing the IoT with our Virtual Antenna® technology and Antenna Intelligence Cloud™ products that make antenna design as easy as LEGO. We’re a friendly, motivated, and passionate bunch seeking a seasoned professional with relevant industry experience who can hit the ground running.✨🚀
Ignion is looking for a Senior Antenna Engineer to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to Customer Support Manager or Regional Customer Support Lead
Job Description and Activities
- Full time antenna engineer to be involved in IoT projects supporting our customers in the design of their IoT devices embedding our Virtual Antenna™ technology.
- Provide support in all the stages of the design cycle, from simulation to prototyping to mass production, providing appropriate recommendations for ensuring the success of any IoT development.
- Review project specs and needs ensuring the best solution able to meet the customer expectations.
- Secure project deadlines and goals.
- Interaction with internal/external customers and partners.
- Participate in the optimization of the design procedures and service execution optimization for embedding Virtual Antenna™ into IoT devices.
- Simulate with electromagnetic CAD tools the total or several parts of an antenna radiating system integrated inside any IoT device.
- Design simple and complex matching network solutions in both, active and passive systems, to easily adjust the antenna performance in the final device.
- Build and experimentally adjust design prototypes to fulfill the specifications before mass production.
- Test antenna prototypes or products in all their main features ([S] parameters, radiation pattern, antenna and radiation efficiency, polarization, gain, directivity, TRP, TIS, FF, GD, SFF, etc…).
- Adjust the design of the antenna to fulfill the specifications. To experimentally adjust industrial prototypes before the start of mass production.
- Analysis, interpretation, reporting, and presentation of the project results.
- Periodic reporting to the manager of the assigned activities.
- Identify bottlenecks and propose mitigation plans.
- Training and coordination activities of other team members.
- Creation and presentation of technical and customer reports. Participation in Virtual Antenna™ webinars, workshops, and events.
- Participation in Virtual Antenna™ new product design, controlling plan, processes, and fabrication methods.
- Bachelor in Telecommunication or Electronic Engineer.
- MSc or higher in Telecommunication or Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
Nice to have:
- Project Management Certification.
- >4 years of industry experience in the field of antenna design for IoT devices.
- Experienced in radiofrequency design & electronics for IoT devices.
- Good understanding and insight on the physical behavior of antennas and microwave networks and systems for all the existing communication protocols and verticals.
- Ability to understand and incorporate solutions to solve complex technical challenges.
- Familiarized with antenna design challenges for the existing IoT market segments: Smart meter, trackers, wearables, smart home/city, etc…
- Knowledge of the most relevant wireless communications systems in the IoT ecosystem: LTE, LTE CAT-M, NB-IoT, Lora, Sigfox, Sidewalk, Zigbee, WiSun, 4G, 5G, Bluetooth, WiFi, GNSS, UWB
- Ability to develop multiple best-cost solutions for problem situations. Help to define processes and procedures for engineering tasks.
- Proven results supporting customers during the integration of antennas in IoT devices from the conception phase to mass production.
- High capability of fully understanding customers’ needs and requirements in challenging IoT projects to properly orient them to the most appropriate Virtual Antenna™ product capable of meeting their expectations.
- Ability to manage and assume ownership of several IoT projects at the same time with good planification, execution, and delivery skills.
- Deep knowledge of electromagnetic and microwave simulators (CST, IE3D, HFSS, Microwave Office - Cadence, Optenni-Lab,…)
- Fully proficient in set-up, calibration, utilization, and data processing of various design and optimization equipment and software. Advanced user of Measurement equipment: vector network analyzers, anechoic chambers, spectrum analyzers, field-testers.
- Experienced in PCB design tools (Altium, OrCAD, KiCAD, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Patient, optimistic, highly motivated, goal oriented, and enthusiastic for new challenges.
- Methodical, and meticulous attitude. Being proactive and resolute when faced with new challenges or problems.
- Capable of working independently with minimum oversee having critical thinking and problem-solving approach.
- High capability of anticipating problems or bottlenecks while presenting appropriate mitigation plans to overcome it.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills. Ability to interact and communicate fluently with other team members.
- Proficiency in English.
- Compensation & benefits include competitive gross salary + bonus + Stock Appreciation Rights + catering service included + training + team building activities + health insurance upon completion one year of employment
- A real opportunity to develop your career in an international company that operates in the IoT ecosystem.
- Hybrid working model.
- Great facilities with amenities.
- Referral Program
Join Ignion and become an integral part of our dynamic team, working on exciting projects that shape the future of our organization. We offer a competitive salary package, professional growth opportunities, and a supportive work environment. If you are driven, passionate, and ready to take on new challenges, apply now!